Thank you for your interest in the Home Energy Assistance Program (HEAP). Eligibility is based on the household’s total monthly gross income, which cannot exceed the HEAP income guidelines. Eligible applicants can be assisted with one energy bill once per program year.
To apply for HEAP you must make an appointment, attend an Energy Savings Presentation, and complete an application. If you need help filling out your HEAP application we may assist you on the day of your appointment.
With your application you must attach the following documents:
- Original electric bill (current) * both electric & gas bills must be provided*
- Original gas bill (current)
- Copies of all household income (past 30 days for all adults 18 years or older)
- Copy of a valid CDL (California driver’s license) or a valid California Picture I.D.
- Applicant’s Social Security number
- Signed HEAP application packet
*If you do not have all your documents at the time of your appointment, your application will NOT be processed. Please be aware that the appointment will be approximately 1 ½ to 2 hours. Please be on time for the presentation or you may be asked to return at another date.
You may also apply for the Weatherization Program which assists with minor home repairs to make your home more energy efficient.
HEAP Office Hours
Application Processing and Energy Savings Presentations
BY APPOINTMENT ONLY
Energy Assistance Hotline: 1-888-351-4061